IMPORTANT DEPARTMENT INFO DURING COVID-19 CLOSURE
To ensure the health, safety, and well-being of customers and City staff, the City of Battle Ground Community Development Department (CDD) is responding to the latest directives from state, city, and federal authorities to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic while providing essential city services. The Community Development Department is temporarily closed to the general public, however staff will still be processing planning and building applications.
Permit/Plan Submittal and pick-up:
Step 1) Online Submittal Procedures:
- Fill out an application online.
- E-mail a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff will then reach out to the applicant with an invoice and further instructions on how to submit a payment online.
Step 2) City Hall Drop-Off Procedures:
- We are still requiring paper copies of the application packet. Customers may submit projects, re-submittals, and documents in the first-floor lobby of City Hall, located at 109 SW 1st Street. Please only submit plans after all other steps have been completed.
- This is an unstaffed location for document drop off only. Read the posted instructions carefully and place your application form and corresponding documents in the drop-off bins. Physical distancing is in place, so maintain a minimum of six feet between customers when dropping off project plans and applications. No payments are allowed here.
- Please note that all submitted documents will go through a 24 hour quarantine period.
Step 3) City Hall Pick-Up Procedures:
- Staff will let the applicant know when customers may pick up their project files in the first-floor lobby.
Important note regarding pre-applications: Meetings will not be held during the temporary closure. Instead, the staff planner will coordinate internal review and send the written pre-application report to the applicant the day of the scheduled pre-application meeting. The applicants may then follow up with staff with any remaining questions.
Welcome to the Planning Division of Community Development!
Our mission is to plan for Battle Ground’s future in a comprehensive way that integrates the elements of livable neighborhoods, recreational opportunities, places to shop and work, open spaces, multi-modal transportation, environmental resources, and other civic services. We carefully evaluate how individual developments fit into the City’s goals and vision, with particular attention to how the area relates to the regional community, commercial centers, and the downtown district.