The city's budget document has significance importance.
- It represents City Council’s goals and policies
- It serves as a guide to city and departmental operations
- It identifies where your tax dollars and other revenues are being spent
The budget is developed annually, but the budget process is ongoing and relies on strategic planning, public input, City Council goals, and economic indicators. It must also comply with all state and federal requirements.
Focusing on the community’s vision, improved service levels, and efficient use of public resources
Battle Ground’s Community Vision and Strategic Action Plan, implemented in 2019, charts a clear direction for the city. The vision and plan are based on core community values, identified through Battle Ground’s Roadmap community survey and visioning process.
City efforts and resources are focused on the community’s vision and strategic plan, promised service level improvements, and our ongoing commitment to efficient use of public resources.
- Public Safety – Continue to invest in safety efforts maintain or increasing level of services and community outreach programs to ensure community well-being.
- Beautification – Protect and promote the city by improving the presentation of city facilities and land to create a more welcoming environment for residents and visitors.
- Livability – Preserve city infrastructure and services, and promote livability through multimodal transportation and interconnected parks and trail networks.
- Efficiencies – Adopt financial initiatives that streamline government to ensure government services are delivered in a cost effective manner that is affordable and efficient.
- Economic Development and Tourism – Put efforts towards expanding the city’s economic base. Work on implementing the Community Vision by focusing on redevelopment of the downtown core, branding of the city, and targeting commercial and industrial sectors that will be successful in Battle Ground.
- Managed Growth – Be strategic about future growth and annexation. Ensure a balance of housing types and services are provided. Continue to expand infrastructure needs to accommodate growth. Future growth should be balanced, and diverse, including the future housing development.
- Strategic Planning/Partnerships – Implement Community Vision initiatives and continue planning and budgeting for the future need. Boost community partnerships to create cohesive programs and plans that are fiscally responsible and beneficial to the community as a whole. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>