Specialty Licenses

Home Occupations

Home occupation licenses are required for businesses that are operating from a residence. This includes businesses that conduct office activity at home and provide services off site at the client’s property, i.e. contractors.  File a Business License Application online through the Washington State Department of Revenue.

Peddler/Transient Merchant License

A Peddler/Transient Merchant License is required of any company that conducts door to door business activity, including sales and advertisement of products or services.

Each individual who will conduct the door to door activity will be required to complete a sworn application form.  The City will provide the employee with an identification card which they will be required to carry during the activity.  The identification card will be valid for the term of the Peddler/Transient Merchant License, which is either six months or one year. 

Mobile Food Unit

You are required to obtain a mobile food unit permit if you intend to sell food from a motorized vehicle, trailer, push cart, or other conveyance upon the public streets, alley, public property or private property within the City. Battle Ground Municipal Code 5.04 specifies that a maximum of 5 mobile food unit permits can be issued at any one time.