The sale of fireworks is regulated by the City of Battle Ground as authorized by Washington State Law. The City allows for the placement of fireworks stands for the Fourth of July and New Year's sales season.
In November of 2018, the Battle Ground City Council adopted Ordinance 2018-27. The ordinance details the process in which fireworks stand permits are issued and the number of fireworks stands allowed within city limits.
- Each fireworks stand permit holder must be a service club, religious or charitable organization, recognized by the State of Washington as non-profit, that conducts business within the City and benefits the citizens of the city of Battle Ground.
- A maximum of five (5) permits will be issued. (One permit for every 5,000 residents, or fraction thereof, living in city limits.)
- A lottery is conducted to determine the five non-profits that may apply for a fireworks stand permit.
- Eligible non-profits interested in obtaining a license to sell fireworks must enter the lottery by submitting a Fireworks Stand Lottery Application with proof of non-profit status no later than 5 p.m on January 31, 2019.
- The names of organizations who meet the lottery application criteria will be entered into the lottery that will be held on or before March 15 of each year.
- Organizations awarded with lottery numbers 1 – 5 must submit a Fireworks Stand Permit Application no later than 30 days prior to the first day of fireworks sales.
City of Battle Ground - Allowable Fireworks Sales Times in 2019
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:|
|July 1 - 4||9:00 a.m.||11:00 p.m.|
|December 27 - 31||12:00 p.m. (noon)||11:00 p.m.|