Grading cuts, fills, and/or stockpiling with volumes over 50 cubic yards per calendar year per project.
An early clearing and grading permit may be obtained prior to engineering approval and/or engineering and final site plan approval.
- Grading Only
- Type I
- Grading cuts, fills and/or stockpiling with volumes from 50-500 cubic yards
- Clearing of over half an acre of land
- Projects that do not require a SEPA
- Projects that are not subject to Critical Areas Ordinance
- Type II
- Grading cuts, fills and/or stockpiling with volumes greater than 500 cubic yards
- A SEPA application required for all grading activities greater than 500 cubic yards in volume
- Critical Areas permit shall be required when grading activity is within or adjacent to a steep or unstable slopes, wetlands, creeks or other Critical Areas
- Submittal requirements
- Type I & II
- Property lines and boundaries
- Existing contours
- Final grade contours
- Location of drainage and stream courses
- Location of proposed & existing structures
- Erosion Control Plan
- Type II
- Soils (geotechnical) report (if applicable)
- Stamped by Washington registered engineer
- SEPA checklist
- A current list of names & addresses of all Property Owners within a 500' radius of the site certified as accurate and complete by the Clark County Assessor or title company
- Documents must be filled out and uploaded to the portal at the time of application.
- Currently we require one physical copy of full-size, to-scale architectural plans in addition to the digital upload.
- One copy each of all other documents.
- Applying for a permit see: "Permit Application Process"
- Our Fee Schedule lists the Land Use & Grading Permit fees.
For questions regarding Planning please contact: Planning@CityOfBG.org for more information.
For questions regarding Engineering please contact: Eng.Info@CityOfBG.org for more information.