Cooling Center: The Battle Ground Community Center will serve as a cooling center to those seeking a respite from the heat. Battle Ground Parks & Recreation will open the Community Center, located at 912 East Main Street in Battle Ground, from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. each day this Saturday, Sunday and Monday, June 26 – 28. Patrons are encouraged to bring books, board games, electronic devices, and even a picnic meal as they escape the heat in the air conditioned facility. Public Wi-Fi is available for those who desire to work or play online.
Community Center Safety Protocols:
- Masks are not required for those who are fully vaccinated. Otherwise, masks should be worn.
- The facility will accommodate 6’ social distancing
- Hand sanitizing stations are placed at the facility
- If you are sick, please do not enter the facility.
Splash Pads Activated: Splash pads at Kiwanis and Whispering Pines parks have been activated for the summer season.
Hot Weather Safety Tips:
- If possible, stay indoors and in an air-conditioned environment. Find a list of cooling centers throughout Clark County at: http://cresa911.org/2021/06/23/cooling-shelter-locations/
- If you go outside wear a hat, sunscreen, light-fitted clothing and be aware of signs of heat illness.
- Drink plenty of fluids but avoid beverages that contain alcohol, caffeine or a lot of sugar
- Never leave anyone or pets in a parked car
- Check frequently on individuals who are elderly, ill, or may need help.
- Find additional hot weather safety tips at: http://cresa911.org/2021/06/18/your-pnw-hot-weather-guide/