COVID-19 Utility Relief Program
Forgiving Past Due Account Balances for Eligible Customers
The temporary COVID-19 Utility Relief Program provides financial assistance to eligible residential and small business customers by absolving account balances that are past due. The past due amount is forgiven and participating customers will not need to pay it back.
What you need to know
- The program is financed by just over $200,700 in CARES funding and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are expended.
- Customers qualify for the program if their city utility accounts are past due with an account balance unpaid for over 30 days and meet the eligibility requirements below.
- Applications must be received by the city no later than November 15, 2020
Small businesses are eligible if they have 50 or fewer employees and can show a decrease in net income over the past 6 months.
Residential customers are eligible if they meet the household income limits set by the Federal Department of Housing & Urban Development as noted in the table below.
Number of people in the household:
Total household income (all household members) less than or equal to:
Submitting your Application
Applications must be received by the city no later than November 15, 2020
Applications may be submitted:
- By mail to: City of Battle Ground, 109 SW 1st Street, Suite 217, Battle Ground, WA 98604
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Fax to 360-342-5029
- In the Utility Drop Box located outside of City Hall Main Entrance at 109 SW 1st Street