- Feature Links
- Social Media Policy Notice
Social Media Policy Notice
Any individual accessing, browsing and using a City of Battle Ground (hereafter “City”) social media site accepts without limitation or qualification, the City's Social Media Site Policy (hereafter "Policy"). The City maintains the right to modify this Policy without notice. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting the modification on the Social Media Policy page unless otherwise stated. Continued use of any City social media site following the posting of any modification signifies acceptance of such modification.
The City operates and maintains its social media sites as a public service to provide information about City programs, services, projects, issues, events and activities. The City assumes no liability for any inaccuracies these social media sites may contain and does not guarantee that the social media sites will be uninterrupted, permanent, or error-free.
The City reserves the right, at any time, to disable or enable commenting on any social media site that offers that capability. Posts and comments made to City social media sites containing any of the following forms of content are not allowed and may be hidden or removed at the sole discretion of the City:
- Comments not topically related to the particular content being commented upon;
- Content that promotes or advertises commercial services, entities or products;
- Content that supports or opposes political candidates or ballot propositions;
- Profane language or content;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Content that encourages or constitutes illegal activity;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of creed, color, age, religion,
- gender, marital status, socioeconomic status, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Content or information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that includes threatening, harassing, or personal attacks against any individual or entity;
- Content that violates or appears to infringe upon a legal ownership interest of another party;
- Multiple copies of the same content, or repetition of substantially similar comments;
- Anonymous posts.
Notice of Public Disclosure
Any City social media site is public domain. Any comments or submissions through a site may be a public record. Accordingly, comment or information submitted to or contained within the site, in whole or in part, may be subject to disclosure pursuant to RCW 42.56, regardless of any claim of confidentiality or privilege asserted by an external party.
Third-Party External Links
The City may include links to the official City website (www.cityofbg.org) as well as links to third-party external sites. Links the City may include are limited to those that meet our governmental purpose. Third-party external linked sites are not under the control of the City and the City is not responsible for the content of any third-party external site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The City does not imply endorsement by the City or any association with their operators.
Property of the City of Battle Ground
All information content and images, including the City logo/seal generated by the City and provided on any City social media site are property of the City, proprietary in nature and are protected by applicable trademarks and copyright laws.