A Foundation for Policy Decisions
The Guiding Principles were developed by the City Council in early 2019 following the completion of the Roadmap community visioning process and the resulting Community Vision and Strategic Action Plan. City Council relied on the Plan and its five community-identified focus areas of Community, Well-Being, Growth, Identity, and Prosperity to develop and adopt their Guiding Principles.
- Public Safety Continue to invest in public safety efforts maintaining or increasing level of services and community outreach programs to ensure community well-being.
- Livability Preserve city infrastructure and services, and promote livability through multimodal transportation and interconnected parks and trail networks.
- Beautification Protect and promote the City of Battle Ground by improving the presentation of city facilities and land to create a more welcoming environment for residents and visitors.
- Efficiencies Adopt financial initiatives that streamline government to ensure government services are delivered in a cost effective manner that is affordable and efficient.
- Economic Development and Tourism Put efforts towards expanding the city’s economic base. Work on implementing the Community Vision by focusing on redevelopment of the downtown core, branding of the city, and targeting commercial and industrial sectors that will be successful in Battle Ground.
- Managed Growth Be strategic about future growth and annexation. Ensure a balance of housing types and services are provided. Continue to expand infrastructure needs to accommodate growth. Future growth should be balanced, and diverse, including future housing development.
- Strategic Planning/Partnerships Implement Community Vision initiatives and continue planning and budgeting for the future need. Boost community partnerships to create cohesive programs and plans that are fiscally responsible and beneficial to the community as a whole.
- Community Vision/Strategic Action Plan Implement the Community Vision and Strategic Action Plan that was adopted in January 2019. Ensure that council and staff revisit and update the Community Vision as needed and focus on initiatives identified for both the city and the community. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>