Click to Home
Go To Search
Specialty Licenses
Home Occupations
Home occupaction licenses are required for businesses which are operating from a residence. This includes businesses which conduct office activity at home and provide service off site at the client's property, i.e. contractors. 

The home occupation fee must be paid at business license application submittal.

Home occupations must demonstrate compliance with the following, as listed in BGMC 17.135.090:
  • The business can employ up to one nonresident employee.
  • The sale of consumer goods shall be prohibited except when the product to be sold is clearly incidental and secondary to the services authorized by such home occupation.
  • To preserve the residential appearance of the structure, there shall be no evidence of the home occupation from the exterior of the structure. There shall be no exterior modification of the structure that would suggest use other than for residential purposes, such as the conversion of garages to useable space by filling in the garage door opening. The addition of a separate side entrance is authorized.
  • The combined total number of customers and business visitors associated with the home occupation shall be limited to no more than an average of six per day per week (Monday through Sunday). 
  • All uses or activities associated with home occupations shall be wholly carried on within a dwelling or accessory structure by a member or members of a family except as allowed in subsection (B)(2)(a) of this section. Such activity shall be secondary to the use of the dwelling for living purposes. Not more than 25% of the combined floor space of such dwelling and accessory structure or 500 square feet, whichever is less, may be used for the home occupation.

Peddler/Transient Merchant License
A Peddler/Transient Merchant License is required of any company that conducts door to door business activity, including sales and advertisement of products or services.

Our process requires that the business obtain a Peddler/Transient Merchant License.  You have the ability to license the company for 6 months or 1 year, this term is reflected on the license issued by the City. 

Each individual who will conduct the door to door activity will be required to complete a sworn application form.  The City will provide the employee with an identification card which they will be required to carry during the activity.  The identification card will be valid for the term of the Peddler/Transient Merchant License.  

Peddler/Transient Business License Application
    One required for the business.

Sworn Application and Background Check Release Form
    One required for each canvasser.  

Mobile Food Unit
You are required to obtain a mobile food unit permit if you intend to sell food from a motorized vehicle, trailer, push cart, or other conveyance upon the public streets, alley, public property or private property within the City.  Battle Ground Municipal Code 5.04 specifies that a maximum of 5 mobile food unit permits can be issued at any one time.

Mobile Food Unit Permit Application

Customer Service Clerk

109 S.W. 1st St., Suite 127
Battle Ground, WA 98604

(360) 342-5047
Fx: (360) 342-5049

Counter Hours
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue - Thu
8:00 am - 1:00 pm